Friday, 17 July 2015
Amirul HM - Organising Secretary for 2015 KL International Open (also Honorary Secretary, KLCA)
The Organising Secretary for this year's 2015 KL International Open will be Amirul HM. He is also KLCA's Honorary Secretary for the 2014/2015 term. This will be his second involvement in the KL International Open after being involved in the 7th edition held in April of 2014 at the Olympic Sports Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
Amirul HM has attended the following Courses and/or Seminars:-
(1) 2014 (June), MACAU S.A.R. Chess in Education Seminar.
organised by Kasparov Foundation.
(2) 2013 (December), Al Ain - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES. IO-International Organiser Course.
organised by FIDE.
(3) 2013 (February), UTP Tronoh - Perak, MALAYSIA. Arbiters Course.
organised by Malaysian Chess Federation(MCF),
He had also attended a few international competitions as an Accompanying Person for his children who represents/had represented KL and Melaka in the National Schools Sports Council or MSSM competition. The competitions Amirul had attended are namely:
(1) World Youth Chess Championship (WYCC 2013, Al Ain-UAE);
(2) Asian Schools Chess Championship (10th ASCC 2014, Taichung-TAIWAN);
(3) ASEAN+ Age Group Chess Championship (15th AAG 2014, MACAU S.A.R); and,
(4) Asian Dragons Invitational C.C. (8th Asian Dragons 2014, New Taipei City-TAIWAN).
Amirul is involved primarily in the areas of Islamic Finance/SME and Media/Communications.